In a nutshell, web content is every piece of communication you use online—from the blogs you write to the newsletters you send your customers. It’s even in your videos and images. And, like the parts of a car’s engine, all of the pieces need to work together for your website to work properly.
So really, when we say “web content,” we’re referring to online communications—written, spoken, and visual. The goal is to engage with your customers in the right way and at the right time.
How Can We Improve Your Web Content?
That really depends on your business. Of course, there are some common web content tools and tactics that we prefer, but every business and every industry is different. A good web content plan considers all of your company’s benefits, priorities, and quirks.
While a lot of small business owners contact us for help with their website writing and design, web content touches on so many other areas, like:
- Blog posts, articles, and media releases
- Marketing copy, advertisements, and branding for online campaigns
- Website landing pages, navigation, and site structure
- Podcasts, email marketing, RSS feeds, and video scripts
- Search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM)
- Content strategies, editorial calendars, and style guides